Macro Mapping: 1st Bangsamoro Regional Development Plan for 2020-2022
In order to ensure the continuous development of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) through quality infrastructure projects, the Ministry of Public Works actively participated in the collective effort of the BARMM government in uplifting the well-being of the Bangsamoro People by partaking in the recent two-day write shop on the formulation of the 1st Bangsamoro Regional Development Plan (BRDP) for 2020-2022 held last September 19-20, 2019 at the Golden Lace Resto, Cotabato City.
Placed under the infrastructure sector to think and plan as a sector, the following are the partners of MPW-BARMM in crafting the proposed BRDP:
• Information and Communication Technology Office (ICTO),
• Bureau of Public Information (BPI)
• Ministry of Transportation and Communication (CAAP, CAB, LTO, LTFRB, RTC, MARINA, RPMA)
• Polloc Freeport and Ecozone Authority
• Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources and Energy (MENRE)
• Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board
• Ministry of Human Settlement and Development
Together with various ministries and agencies under the Infrastructure Sector, a sectoral assessment on the priorities, challenges and opportunities in relation to infrastructures in BARMM were discussed in order to reach the desired changed by employing the best strategies through different policies, activities, programs and services.